However, due to the civil unrest and violence, a lot of the relief organizations are being limited on even entering the country and in their effectiveness once they get there. My bags are packed, Inoculations underway, and money is currently being raised.
So to reiterate, I am still planning on going, just the timing will be a few months later.
If you have already mailed me a check made payable to Edge Outreach, I will mail this back to you. There is a possibility that I may go through another organization. Until the decision is made which organization I will travel with, I am returning your check and ask that you still consider supporting me when the choice is more clear. If you have not mailed a check, but would like to contribute in the future, please e-mail me and let me know.
I appreciate your understanding of the vast need for relief in this situation and the fluidity on the ground. I want to make sure that I am being effectively used in the safest manner possible.